Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Frank J
City/State
SPRING HILL, FL
Yeap. I finally got it in exchange for the R7. Besides the money factor, the R6M1 have everything I need compared to the M2 which improvements may appeal more to videographers, something that I'm not.
My first impressions, I love it, but... could Canon be more inconsistent with their Menu System!? Lets take this example, you can change the Subject to Detect in the Quick Menu of the R7 and the R5 but not in the R6M1!? Unbelievable!

53769274677_51e4cc622d_o.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

Recently I bought a 5D Mark III and I love it. After long time shooting full frame with Sony, I found myself shooting more with the 5D3 than with the R7 even with all the advantages that the R7 was given me. The major problem I had with the R7 was not AF which I managed to handle without issues. The major problem was the poor low light performance. For my taste, the R7 pictures were very noisy up to the point that I started to use DXO to convert all my raw files before post editing. I still do that for the R6 but I have managed to shoot at 12800 ISO when with the R7 any photo at this ISO was extremely noisy even after using DXO. Another point was that because of the higher resolution, I tended to crop more in the R7 and that increased the noise in my pictures.

Using the 5D Mark III proved to me that lower resolution was not a problem and, again, for my taste, the pictures from the 5D were of better quality than the ones I was getting from the R7.

Then with the release of the R6 M2, the price of the Mark I came down enough to make the trade in with the R7 something that I could afford. So I pulled the trigger.

Unfortunately my first R6 from MPB came with a bad sensor and I had to exchange it and a process that could have taken around 10 days or so became 21 days but finally I got one "like new" which really looks and fell like new!

PD. I forgot to mention, I'm keeping the 5D Mark III has my backup camera!

Here are some of the pictures I have taken around the house:

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back