Chris Summers

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Chris Summers
I saw this on one of the other forums and figured for $40 I would give it a try. It gets good reviews overall and the idea is interesting; all you have to do is connect a USB cable to the battery and then to the charger of your choice or perhaps your car USB port and the battery charges.

It will be interesting to hear how it works out for you.

Here is a link to a video review follow up of the battery. The guy is a working professional, so he rightfully expected to get what he was paying for in terms of actual battery capacity vs real life capacity. I think he said he got like 25% less use per charge compared to a Canon. For me, that would not be a big deal since I could buy 2 of the Smallrigs (44.90€ each) for less than the cost of one Canon LP-E6NH (94.89€) here in Germany.

Keep us updated on your opinion after you have it and have used it for a while.

Another thing to consider is the battery lifetime. How many times can it be charged and discharged before it has to be replaced? If you have to replace it twice as fast as a Canon, how much should you pay? Of course, they never tell you that number.
Part of my last career was testing batteries for solar applications. Some were great, but didn't last long, some were not that great, but lasted a long time. We had to find a balance between the two.

Another thing to consider is the battery lifetime. How many times can it be charged and discharged before it has to be replaced? If you have to replace it twice as fast as a Canon, how much should you pay? Of course, they never tell you that number.
Part of my last career was testing batteries for solar applications. Some were great, but didn't last long, some were not that great, but lasted a long time. We had to find a balance between the two.
Even if you have to replace it two times before you replace the Canon original, it's a question of cash flow. You do not have to pay the Canon price in one shot. You pay that in two shots in different moments.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back