Followers
Following
Name
Dave Griffiths
City/State
Oxfordshire, UK
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
One from a photoshoot yesterday at Wellesbourne Mountford airfield, UK. This is Avro Vulcan XM655 which has been preserved there for the last 40 years. Although it is capable of running under its own power, it's currently unable to use the runway due to subsidence. 60+ tonnes of Vulcan is only going to make things worse for the mainly GA traffic based there. After 4 hours of rain yesterday afternoon, it stopped and the air cleared, leaving lots of puddles for shots like these.

Attachments

• Wellesbourne-515253b.jpg
    Wellesbourne-515253b.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 56
Great reflection - you could almost flip the image! perfect shot, caught the last vulcan flight over Silverstone - certainly a beast.

I remember Vulcans flying over my house in Nottingham UK in the early 60's. To me as a 10 year old they were very big.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back