Followers
Following
Name
Ferenc Mógor
City/State
Budapest, Hungary
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Even though Hungary is a small country (about the size of Indiana in the US) we have a big water in the western part called Lake Balaton (80km/50 miles long). Been there last week for a couple of days with friends (and spouses!) so here's one interesting photo I took after the evening tempest. Nice to see how the rainbow ends on top of the storm clouds and how the sky becomes bright above. And if you look closely you can see a double rainbow!!! A very rare occasion to capture something like this, isn't it? Kinda serendipity, a fortunate discovery by accident coz I was mainly concentrating on the rainbow but the bright sky above I discovered after looking at the pic on my monitor at home!

Canon EOS R6 mk1 + RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
1/200s, F22, 24mm, ISO1600
9Y3A8114.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 1600

Last edited:
Ferenc, nice shot there with the double rainbow. Did you know that when there are 2 rainbows the colours are opposite each other. When you have triple rainbows the first and third are the same and the middle one opposite. I have only ever seen a triple once in my 71 years and I didn't have a camera with me. A bucket list job to photograph a triple, if I live that long.

Ferenc, nice shot there with the double rainbow. Did you know that when there are 2 rainbows the colours are opposite each other. When you have triple rainbows the first and third are the same and the middle one opposite. I have only ever seen a triple once in my 71 years and I didn't have a camera with me. A bucket list job to photograph a triple, if I live that long.
Thanks Kerro for your kind words and interesting insights on rainbows even I didn't know. From now on let's try to live a very long life waiting for the triple to come! :)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back