Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A mate in big smoke has mark ii meant catch up with him next weekend.

Not sure if he is underwhelmed or not early days.

But his only comment has been auto focus better other than that no much has changed. Bear in mind hes only had it a week.
Dont bother reading endless reviews as im. not going to buy one.

R6ii does me just fine err actually alot of the time RP does me just fine forgotten camera nowadays anyone starting i recommend it cheap as chips second hand

No reason to restate here, but if you look in the camera-specific forum there are a couple threads where I give explicit opinions. The idea that "other than the autofocus not much has changed" is wildly inaccurate from a total camera perspective, but whether or not you notice or benefit from those differences will vary greatly depending on what and how you shoot. Sports, wild life, and event photographers will benefit dramatically, everyone else not as much (but like you they were likely already using the R6II and happy with it).

Like everyone else, I'm just starting week 2 with it, so there are things I'm changing and trying every day, and all opinions are valid for the moment, but can change wildly with a setting or new situation. In the week I've had it I've captured images I never would have gotten the week before - but I'm in the "benefit dramatically" group.

Had my R5 Mk II since 21st and it has taken me a while to get my settings, (back buttons etc), sorted. First impressions are that the auto focus is a big leap forward. Object recognition/eye focus tracking fast and sticks better. Now using the electronic shutter which is adjustable for each of the shooting modes. Yet to try the pre-shooting. So far I'm very pleased with it. Not sure about the eye tracking though. At the same time I got a spare battery and the hot shoe adapter so I can use my current 600EXII and 550 EX Speedlights.

You use eye control AF?
Some love it some find it hard to setup is it improved on latest markii
PS suggest mate will love markii eventually just his initial thoughts

Not sure about the eye tracking though.
Are you talking about the photographer's eye or the subject's? Seems the idea that it will follow the photographer's eye is a hit or miss depending on the photographer, with no real reason determined as to why it works for some but not others. I haven't tried it yet, but I have a 4 day weekend so I'll be giving it a go just for giggles.

Are you talking about the photographer's eye or the subject's? Seems the idea that it will follow the photographer's eye is a hit or miss depending on the photographer, with no real reason determined as to why it works for some but not others. I haven't tried it yet, but I have a 4 day weekend so I'll be giving it a go just for giggles.
It's where you use your eye to control the focus location. I've had several attempts to calibrate this with not a lot of success. Even adjusting the sensitivity down the circle seems to dart quite erratically across the display. Tried refining it a lot but not a lot of improvement. Not sure it is needed anyway, as there are so many ways of setting the focus control using custom buttons.

Well after a few weeks now my mate loves his R5ii and he doesn’t do videos.

But message on weekend and quote “I can’t see how canon can make a better camera but guess they will” “not used it for lightning photography but it will be fine I’m sure”

He’s one happy customer

Edit video comment in context he does stills only and BIF no vids.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back