Japeg

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Jake
Is there a setting so that when I pull my eye away from the viewfinder it shuts off? I get how to have it switch to my lcd when I pull my eye away, but I almost always have that thing off or tucked in/turned completely around.

My Fuji XT-3 did this, and I’d like my Canon mirrorless cameras to do it, too. I don’t think camera model is important, but I’m shooting with R3s.

Last edited:
Just set your LCD to 5 seconds. I also never let the camera go to sleep when I’m in the middle of shooting. This way when I bring the camera back to my eye there is no wake up lag.

The IS runs all of the time. I have RF lenses which uses a different IS tech than EF lenses. Very little battery drain. Actually the EVF uses the most power. More than the LCD.

When done I power the camera down manually. I also mapped one of the buttons to put the camera to sleep when there are lulls while shooting.

As to your request I’m travelling and my gear is packed. I’ll have a look when I get home.

I at one time set it up so I could flip back and forth between the EVF and LCD but found that a pain and went back to them flipping. I don’t really need the LCD on for 5 seconds so maybe I’ll revisit that when I get home. I just don’t want the camera to go to see sleep. I don’t have manual or camera handy but I think you access the LCD/EVF in the yellow menus.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back