theGios1973
R5 Mk2
I have triple BBF configured

- SHUTTER: Metering Start
- AF-ON: Metering and AF Start
- *: Metering and AF Start but with subject detecnion OFF
- FOCUS POINT SELECTION: Af with eye control

How do I lock exposure now?

I am asking because people keep on telling me that by half pressing shutter the exposure is supposed to be locked, but this is not the case in any metering mode and/or shooting mode and/or focusing mode.
Thx

Last edited:
I am not sure of which camera you have, but can you reassign the AE Lock function to the DOF button? Or you could shoot in manual mode and your exposure is always "locked".

I am not sure of which camera you have, but can you reassign the AE Lock function to the DOF button? Or you could shoot in manual mode and your exposure is always "locked".
R5 Mk2
All my other buttons are already all assigned 😬
Probably I'll assign it to shutter button itself at need

I have solved: I assigned to M-Fn the possibility to change metering modes and dive modes (with two different dials) leaving free the DOF button for AE-LOCK WITH HOLDING

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back