Beginner question confused editing.

Of the images you've posted the hawk is the most problematic and requires a significant amount of noise reduction and sharpening. It looks like it's already been processed due to the halos around the bird. My Lightroom-Photoshop-Topaz Denoise AI workflow would work for it, but you really need all of them.

The top photo needs a bit of gradient application of a dehazing filter, if you want it, and a bit of perspective correction. Even when you don't show the horizon you want your lines to move towards a level one uniformly. Here everything is rolling off the right where you can see the severity of the horizon tilt. It's one of my biggest peeves in others' photos. Sometimes it's planned and plays into the shot, but most times not.

The bottom one probably just needs cropping and not much else. You can do everything the first and last needs in most editors.

One thing I don't think you've said, are you shooting raw or jpeg? No matter what you wind up using you're going to want to shoot raw as you'll be able to correct far more with it than with jpeg.

A lot of these tools offer free trials with full functionality before you buy, so I would take advantage of that. Just don't get a bunch at the same time because you want to focus on one and see if it works for you and you don't want the other trial periods expiring in the meantime.
Both. A lot of farm pics just get sent to other farmers as said above. Like a guy asked how my beans going so I took a random pic.
Seems I will have to do a course. Will try to improve my crop photos And take more care. What should I have done with this one for instance I’m all ears. To much sky my guess?
B9760C00-7E43-4DDF-A758-58A1BFA5FE57.jpeg

Lightroom-Photoshop-Topaz Denoise AI

That combo seems common with the reading I’ve been doing

So there's two things you are going to want to work on. You're already asking about one of them, which is how to create the best image from what you've shot. The other is composing what's in the viewfinder before you press the button. A lot of that can be fixed, but not all.

With this shot there could be too much sky, or there might not be enough depending on preferences. Folks will talk about the rule of thirds, which I ascribe to, but I don't always place the line on the 1/3 line, sometimes I'll go with the 40/20/40 lines and others I'll go for a center line if both sides are interesting. For me the thing that stands out for me as something to fix is that I want one of those rows to be perfectly perpendicular to the bottom and to the horizon, and I'd like it dead center. The right side also washes into full green where you can still see individual rows on the left, so I might want a slightly higher viewpoint.

Some of that can be fixed in post using transform tools fairly quickly. The differences are subtle but I find that these changes (fixing the row geometry, straightening the horizon and putting it on a composition line) move you from a snapshot to the beginnings of a photograph.

Screen-Shot-2022-08-22-at-9.02.jpg

Thanks again just a farmer to farmer pic

Ps not sure why I’m called a pro member far from it

Not being a fan of Adobe’s subscription model I’ve started using Affinity Photo - available for Mac or PC for a single payment (currently £47.99 in the UK). There is a lot of information about it on the internet and the Affinity web site has a range of helpful video tutorials, as does YouTube.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back