TonyB

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tony
This little guy was kind enough to land in front of us on Blackpoint Wildlife Drive and hang out for a few minutes. They are very fast and usually dart off before I could ever get close enough for a shot. The RF 800 f/11 really shined through on this moment.

Taken November 5, 2022
Blackpoint Wildlife Drive
Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Florida, USA
2B874457-4029-47B2-AFB7-344E8752AD6A.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF800mm F11 IS STM
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 500

Beautiful image, sharp focus and so natural looking. Every time I see the output from the RF800 lens I become more interested in it and what it can do. Time to start saving.

A nice find - we had one near us in the UK that had somehow gotten blown over the water - a rare sight in GB.

Paul.

Beautiful image, sharp focus and so natural looking. Every time I see the output from the RF800 lens I become more interested in it and what it can do. Time to start saving.
Thanks, Mike. In the right situation, the 800mm f/11 is very capable and given the price of the other long tele RF lenses, the only one that will be in my kit. C’mon Canon, how about something at the price point of Nikon’s PF lenses.
A nice find - we had one near us in the UK that had somehow gotten blown over the water - a rare sight in GB.

Paul.
Thanks, Paul. I’m hoping to explore more of GB next summer when I visit my daughter at Keele University. Photographing puffins is on my must-do list and I’m already researching day trips.

Cracking shot Tony. Skomer Island in Pembrokeshire is a great place for puffins, but it might be a challenge for a day trip from Keele and if the weather is bad then the boats won't run. You'll see some puffins at Bempton Cliffs but nothing like at Skomer, lots of other wildlife there though like the Gannets and you don't need to worry about boats. There's the Farne Islands too but again probably a challenge for a day trip from Keele and the weather will need to be good again for the boats.

Cracking shot Tony. Skomer Island in Pembrokeshire is a great place for puffins, but it might be a challenge for a day trip from Keele and if the weather is bad then the boats won't run. You'll see some puffins at Bempton Cliffs but nothing like at Skomer, lots of other wildlife there though like the Gannets and you don't need to worry about boats. There's the Farne Islands too but again probably a challenge for a day trip from Keele and the weather will need to be good again for the boats.
Thanks, Tim. Great info! When I get father along in planning, I may send you a PM for sites to visit.

I got to go there several years ago when my wife was on an extended work project in Pembroke and loved it and the entire area. The birds were fantastic It was a great trip, every weekday my wife went to work and I just drove around that part of Wales exploring and taking pictures. We were there for 3 months and rented a small flat in Saundersfoot.

Love Kingfishers. We have them at one of our local parks and I usually hear them before I see them along the riverbanks.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back