Beverages, Snacks or Munchies When Editing?

Focus101

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil
City/State
TX
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
When I am glued to the screens for hours of culling and editing, I usually have a big cup of coffee and I like to snack on sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds. I prefer to stay keep on the light side of foods as in watching calories and foods that are not messy. I like my keyboard and mouse clean. If I am editing a landscape pics at night, a little scotch is great, Glenlivet is my choice to celebrate a few great landscape shots and it doesn't take long to edit.

What say you fellow RFShooters?

Sort of depends on the time of day. My wife and I are retired and have separate home offices. She still does some consulting work so is often busy with clients. But I'm almost always doing something with images on my computer. Early in the morning it's usually some coffee and then breakfast like eggs or oatmeal. We generally eat lunch and dinner together but once a week my wife has a conference call at 7pm with clients in Australia so I tend to eat dinner at my machine and a glass or 2 of wine.

I have to be REALLY careful with snacks, and especially with drinks around my computer. It's just too darn easy to spill the drink, or have crumbs end up in the keyboard!!! As for what I like to have, well, it's coffee to drink during the day, and I try to keep any snacks to a minimum, otherwise I have a tendency to eat completely mindlessly. In the evening, sometimes I'll mix up a drink. A Vodka Spritzer is nice; I need to dilute my drinks if I plan to accomplish anything at all!!!!

Coffee is a must, cashew nuts or dark chocolate coated digestive biscuits - just have to be careful as they tend to just disappear (no way did I eat a whole packet lol)

Morning (before 11:00AM) is coffee.
Afternoon (11:00-5:00) is water.
Evening (5:00-whenever) if I am having a drink, is bourbon or red wine. No snacks as I am fighting a rapidly expanding waistline!! ☹️ Bourbon and red wine aren’t causing that, right? 😉

I find that classical music on webradio with Flor de Caña rum is an excellent combination.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back