PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from our recent visit to Bolton Castle, Wensleydale, Yorkshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop).

You can find out more about Bolton Castle by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Bolton Castle was built between 1379-1399 by Sir Richard Le Scrope, Lord Chancellor of England to King Richard II.

RF-S-B1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 160

2. The Courtyard. This is still protected by working portcullis - entry by invitation only!

RF-S-B2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 200

3. The North West Tower. This held guest apartments, the top 2 floors being State Chambers reserved for visiting Royalty and very important guests.

RF-S-B3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 125

4. The Chapel, dedicated to St Anne, mother of the Virgin Mary, was served by 6 monks who lived in small rooms in the chapel complex.

RF-S-B4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 320

5. The Solar. Mary Queen of Scots was held prisoner here for 6 months until January 1569, with her retinue of 51 knights, servants and ladies-in-waiting.

RF-S-B5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 6400

6. Part of the Kitchens. Bolton Castle is now owned by Thomas Peter Algar Orde-Powlett, 9th Baron Bolton (after his father’s passing in June 2023).

RF-S-B6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 6400

(Sources: Bolton Castle, Wikipedia)

Images from our recent visit to Bolton Castle, Wensleydale, Yorkshire, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe Lightroom Classic/ Photoshop).

You can find out more about Bolton Castle by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Bolton Castle was built between 1379-1399 by Sir Richard Le Scrope, Lord Chancellor of England to King Richard II.

View attachment 18547

2. The Courtyard. This is still protected by working portcullis - entry by invitation only!

View attachment 18548

3. The North West Tower. This held guest apartments, the top 2 floors being State Chambers reserved for visiting Royalty and very important guests.

View attachment 18549

4. The Chapel, dedicated to St Anne, mother of the Virgin Mary, was served by 6 monks who lived in small rooms in the chapel complex.

View attachment 18550

5. The Solar. Mary Queen of Scots was held prisoner here for 6 months until January 1569, with her retinue of 51 knights, servants and ladies-in-waiting.

View attachment 18551

6. Part of the Kitchens. Bolton Castle is now owned by Thomas Peter Algar Orde-Powlett, 9th Baron Bolton (after his father’s passing in June 2023).

View attachment 18552

(Sources: Bolton Castle, Wikipedia)
Love the sky in pic (1).

Love the sky in pic (1).
Hi Doug,

It was a classic (sky and moment). We'd just finished watching the birds of prey display down on the bottom field and as we turned round to head back we looked up and saw the menacing clouds brooding over the imposing castle - cue wide-eyes and a (very) quick change from RF 100-500 to RF 16... :LOL:

(The RF 16, though clearly a 'distorting lens', does a really nice job emphasising dramatic skies).

P&K

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back