Followers
Following
Name
Hali
City/State
Rhode Island, US
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I had to spend a few weeks in New York in December for my family, so when things got less crazy I took a few day trips. One was to the Brooklyn Bridge, which, despite growing up on Long Island, I had never walked over. I walked it twice, would have done it a third time, but it was getting colder and windier. Here is the first of a few shots, this was taken on the evening walk, just as it was getting dark.
8000 iso, developed with Lightroom, DxO Prime Raw and Photoshop. Prime raw really took care of the noise.
2022_12_LongIsland-11137_DxO_Edit1080.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 6/10 sec
  • ISO 8000

Wonderful image. Have you thought of rotating it a few degrees clockwise? That might increase the effect of the symmetry in the image. Great job as it is though.

Great image. Was that hand-held, or did you have some sort of support?

Wonderful image. Have you thought of rotating it a few degrees clockwise? That might increase the effect of the symmetry in the image. Great job as it is though
Thanks, Bryan. I did do that.. It actually is only .16 off horizon, because of all the lines it looks more, but it needed some warping to make it more symmetrical. Thanks for the advice.

Great image. Was that hand-held, or did you have some sort of support?
This was handheld. I couldn't get the tripod head to tilt upward at that much of an angle. I like that Peak Design Tripod but it has some drawbacks, this is one of them.

Thanks, Bryan. I did do that.. It actually is only .16 off horizon, because of all the lines it looks more, but it needed some warping to make it more symmetrical. Thanks for the advice.
Thanks for the reply. I guess that is a problem with leading lines...sometimes they lead random people on internet photo forums to make unnecessary suggestions.... :D . I can imagine that warping it to achieve (only possibly) more perfect symmetry might only be an exercise in frustration.

Once again, your image is very good as presented here. Good eye.

Thanks for the reply. I guess that is a problem with leading lines...sometimes they lead random people on internet photo forums to make unnecessary suggestions.... :D . I can imagine that warping it to achieve (only possibly) more perfect symmetry might only be an exercise in frustration.

Once again, your image is very good as presented here. Good eye.
Hahaha! No worries, it wasn't an unnecessary suggestion, and it was put forward kindly. It was my husband who pointed it out to me, so I wouldn't have seen it otherwise!. Warping is difficult, a touch here or there or otherwise it looks very un-natural.

Great shot. I think what was meant by "clockwise a few degrees" was to center the bridge structure in the frame. This would help solve some of the "warping of the perspective". By placing the center of the bridge structure in the center of the frame, you place it on the apex of the convex lens surface of your camera which will relegate the warping symmetrically to the outer edges of the frame. Just what I'm seeing. Very nostalgic for me as I grew up there when I was in my single digits. Too young to take photos so any that I see reminds me of those times. Thanks for the memory.

Great shot. I think what was meant by "clockwise a few degrees" was to center the bridge structure in the frame. This would help solve some of the "warping of the perspective". By placing the center of the bridge structure in the center of the frame, you place it on the apex of the convex lens surface of your camera which will relegate the warping symmetrically to the outer edges of the frame. Just what I'm seeing. Very nostalgic for me as I grew up there when I was in my single digits. Too young to take photos so any that I see reminds me of those times. Thanks for the memory.
Ahhh. I see what you mean. I will give that a try and see what I come up with. It's funny, I grew up near there and never went, it was only now, that I'm older, that I appreciate it. I'm glad you've enjoyed the image.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back