Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Stephen Kwong
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Handheld in-camera focus bracketing/depth composite enabled (10 shots)
Natural light, Av, CRaw, shot at 0.3m (magnification around 1:1)
post-processed with Canon Digital Photo Professional and Topaz Denoise AI

Feel free to comment.....

DC_406A5223A1T_BE14.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 640

DC_406A5168A1T_BE19.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 640

DC_406A5146A1TR_BE11.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 640

Nice job. You have a very steady hand.
Thanks. IBIS and 2 stops image stabilization (at magnification 1:1) help a lot. With the assistance of gridlines, it is easier to obtain the same scene in the in-camera focus stacking mode.

Thanks. I think for you, focus bracketing is as easy as ABC.
It is never easy when hand-holding. My bugs are often moving around quite a bit. Flash stops motion, delivers lots of light, and gets the shot. But natural light looks nicer. There are always compromises.

Nicely done! I don't think I could ever hold that still for the focus stack to happen even with the IBIS and the lens IS. Kudos to you.

Nicely done! I don't think I could ever hold that still for the focus stack to happen even with the IBIS and the lens IS. Kudos to you.
Thanks. I forgot to give a credit to Canon. The cameras provide fast FPS so that I can take shots in a very short period of time. e.g. for EOS-R7, 30 FPS, for ten shots, it needs 1/3 of a second.

It is never easy when hand-holding. My bugs are often moving around quite a bit. Flash stops motion, delivers lots of light, and gets the shot. But natural light looks nicer. There are always compromises.
I hope to see your focus stacked photos ASAP

Last edited:
I hope to see your focus stacked photos ASAP
OK, thanks! Winter has started here and there are no bugs here any more. But I will look for opportunities when travelling.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back