News Canon R5 Firmware Version 2.0.0 released...

PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Canon UK Link: Click Here.

Phil

Firmware Version 2.0.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Enables servo zooming to be remotely controlled from EOS Utility or Camera Connect when Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2/PZ-E2B is attached to a compatible lens.
2. Enables up to 2 TB to be used on CFexpress cards larger than 2 TB.
3. Fixes an issue that may cause the camera, in rare instances, to experience a delayed restart after the camera has gone into Auto Power Off.
4. Fixes an issue that, under specific circumstances, may prevent the image from being displayed in the viewfinder or on the screen causing the camera to stop operating, or Error Code 70 may be displayed.
5. Fixes minor issues.

What doesn't Firmware Version 2.0.0 incorporate? Well...

Dear Everyone at Canon -

RF-S-1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
I wonder how many people have forgotten how to to update the Firmware correctly?

I wonder how many people have forgotten how to to update the Firmware correctly?
My advice is follow the instructions provided to the letter.

(And 'Don't Panic!' if it takes a little while to begin... :cool: ).

Phil

Thanks Phil, and Dean - FWIW, I DO remember how to update the firmware. I'm shocked that I do, but I do :D

I will update, especially for that mysterious "Fixes minor issues" part.

Be nice to get a significant R7 firmware update to fix or help some of the niggles, especially relating to AF. Doesn't look like a mk2 is coming any time soon despite the fact that I think sales would be through the roof. :) Can you imagine an R7 with R6ii or R8 AF and less rolling shutter. Maybe an improved resolution on the EV as well. Can't wait.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back