Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Thanks for sharing all of the upcoming new camera and lens news @PhotoJim58

I thought I'd just combine everything that we know so far into one thread going forward, as I expect there will be lots more details to share over the coming days.

So according to Canon Rumors we are possibly going to see Canon announce the following new products on May 24th, 2022.

• Canon EOS R7 APS-C camera
  • Canon EOS R10 APS-C camera
  • Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/3.5-5.6 lens
  • Canon RF-S 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 lens

Rumored R7 Specs
  • 32.5mp APS-C Dual Pixel CMOS AF
  • 15-30fps (mechanical/electronic)
  • 2x UHS-II supported
  • 4K @ 60/50fps (NTSC/PAL)
  • 1080p @ 120/100fps (NTSC/PAL)
  • C-Log 3/HDR PQ
  • In-Body IS
Rumored R10 Specs
  • 24.2mp
  • 15-23fps (Mechanical/Electronic)
  • 1x UHS-II (supported)
  • HDR PQ

Well we don't have much longer to wait to find out if these rumors and specs are true or not! :)

Last edited:
  • Admin
Tony's thoughts on the R7 and R10

I had to stop watching this video for two reasons:
1) why is he comparing it to Sony cameras, as if Sony is superior to Canon. Not what I want to know how it may compare to Sony. I want to know the specs and how it compares to EOS-M if it replacing the M series.
2) If you don't know how to pronounce a word. DON'T use it. he kept saying nichee. There is no extended ee at the end of this word. You do not pronounce the e at all. You can say nich like rich or neesh. but not neechee.

Yeah I am grumpy today, but neeshee (niche)? It took a beat before I knew what he was saying. I will wait until the 24th to see if this is real. it might fill a neeshee in my gear.

I had to stop watching this video for two reasons:
1) why is he comparing it to Sony cameras, as if Sony is superior to Canon. Not what I want to know how it may compare to Sony. I want to know the specs and how it compares to EOS-M if it replacing the M series.
2) If you don't know how to pronounce a word. DON'T use it. he kept saying nichee. There is no extended ee at the end of this word. You do not pronounce the e at all. You can say nich like rich or neesh. but not neechee.

Yeah I am grumpy today, but neeshee (niche)? It took a beat before I knew what he was saying. I will wait until the 24th to see if this is real. it might fill a neeshee in my gear.
I stopped watching his videos about 2 years ago, unless I am looking for comic relief.

(yes I'm grumpy today too)

I stopped watching his videos about 2 years ago, unless I am looking for comic relief.

(yes I'm grumpy today too)

Same but more than 2 years. Don't find enough value vs. times used. There are better sources out there.

• Admin
Some new leaked images are available over on CanonWatch. Not the best quality though.

Canon-R10.png canon-r7.png

Why there's AF/MF switch on the body? Did I miss something?

Probably a typo, it should be am / fm. There is a built in radio.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back