Paul Iddon

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Paul Iddon
Found a Dicyrtomina saundersi but it was moving away and quickly went out of range and disappeared...

november_springtail_b_4k.jpg
  • Canon EOS R10
  • 1.0-65535.0 mm
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 100

Paul.

Another awesome shot Paul. I think I'd really struggle to remember and pronounce this name!

Wow, that is awesome! It still amazes me how close and detailed you get with that lens.

Another awesome shot Paul. I think I'd really struggle to remember and pronounce this name!

I just call this one the common globby :)

Wow, that is awesome! It still amazes me how close and detailed you get with that lens.

It is a crop of course, and I also had 2 extension tubes on as well (a 13mm and a 31mm) so that helps a lot. Cropping one of these even at the native1:1 the lens can do would mean a lot of definition problems.

Paul.

You make me want to go take out my Canon 65MPE lens. Perhaps the bugs will be moving more slowly because it's cold!

You make me want to go take out my Canon 65MPE lens. Perhaps the bugs will be moving more slowly because it's cold!

The MPE is expensive and even harder to use (especially lighting subjects) but one I have not used personally, though I see a fair few people getting excellent results.

The Venus LAOWA 2:1 Ultra lenses are remarkably good value and very sharp. I'd go for one of these first over a Canon 65mm.

Paul.

The MPE is expensive and even harder to use (especially lighting subjects) but one I have not used personally, though I see a fair few people getting excellent results.

The Venus LAOWA 2:1 Ultra lenses are remarkably good value and very sharp. I'd go for one of these first over a Canon 65mm.

Paul.
I’ve had the MPE for years and years, I have a light that goes with it, although I'm getting more and more used to continuous light sources now. It's super tricky to use since it doesn't "focus" per-se but when you get the knack of it, it's pretty fun. Haven't tried it on my R's yet.

I’ve had the MPE for years and years, I have a light that goes with it, although I'm getting more and more used to continuous light sources now. It's super tricky to use since it doesn't "focus" per-se but when you get the knack of it, it's pretty fun. Haven't tried it on my R's yet.

Time for a test run then 😉

Paul.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back