Do you wish the center focus point was much smaller in the view finder?

Tappa

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Gary Truchelut
This may be a strange question, but I feel like the center focus point in my R5 is too large. If a subject is a fair distance away the focus point covers too much of the subject so I can't tell what I'm focusing on. Can this be changed somewhere in the menu?

This may be a strange question, but I feel like the center focus point in my R5 is too large. If a subject is a fair distance away the focus point covers too much of the subject so I can't tell what I'm focusing on. Can this be changed somewhere in the menu?
Use spot AF, the focus point would be smaller. Use the x5 or x10 magnifier for precise focus.

1) Magnify the image.

• Press the <[MAGNIFYING GLASS> button, then the <INFO> button.
2) Move the magnified area.

• Move the area horizontally by turning the <[front]> dial or vertically by turning the <[back]> dial. You can also move the area by pressing the cross keys.
  • To center the magnified area again, press the <[trash can> button.
3) Adjust magnification.

• Each press of the <INFO> button changes the magnification ratio, as follows.
1x → 5x → 10x

4) Focus
Half-press the shutter button to focus and full-press the shutter button to take the picture

Last edited:
thanks Steven, I'll give that a try.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back