JoeTheSnowPlowGuy

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
AJ
I read the R6 bodies’ IBIS system will not work in tandem with an EF lens IS system, and will rely on the lens’ IS only. 1) is that true? 2) will the R6 bodies IBIS stabilize non IS EF lenses? I thought IBIS would always be active regardless of the lens attached.

Solution
Found this on the Canon website, perhaps helps.

1690908992060.jpeg
That’s great to know, thank you. That makes picking up a used EF 70-200 a bit cheaper knowing the IBIS will still be active. Thanks.

Yes plenty of EF lenses still around on the used market, some of them in excellent condition, and as you say substantially less the the RF equivalent

Just the F/4. The 2.8s are still closer to $700. I’m willing to give the F/4 a try. I figure if I have an event that requires a 2.8 I can rent it, or rent a 300 if I’m doing outdoor sports, and having a $500 F/4 for general use is more economical than renting one at $65 per 7 days. I’m also impressed with how well high ISO shots come out on the R6M2, so I’ll give it a try.

I had an F4 before i upgraded to the 2.8, the F4 is a great lens, i found it to be very sharp.

That’s what every review I’ve watched or read has said. With what I’m seeing out of this R6M2 with the kit 24-105 STM lens, I’m not too concerned.

Did you ever use it with a 1.4x or 2x TC?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back