Following
Name
Ferenc Mógor
City/State
Budapest, Hungary
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi Guys,

I tried to press any button on a TV remote in front of the R6 MK1 and I could see a slight flash up of light on the LCD display.
🙂
I think Canon did not put much emphasis on blocking IR in this camera, so, I immediately ordered a Hoya R72 (720 nm) filter. The R6 MK1 has two great benefits in this case: high ISO settings and the use of the EVF for live-preview. Need to experiment more on camera settings, but here's my first two experimental IR shots. Just did a"quick and dirty" processing of the original RAW files in Photoshop by swapping the red and blue channels in Channel Mixer:

Canon EOS R6 MK1 + RF 24-240mm f4-6.3 IS USM + Hoya R72 IR filter

f4, 1/3s (handheld), 24mm, ISO5000

9Y3A4651.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 3/10 sec
  • ISO 5000

f4, 1/3s (handheld), 24mm, ISO5000

9Y3A4653.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 3/10 sec
  • ISO 5000

What do you think? Comments and suggestions are more than welcome! :)

Cheers, Feri

I think there must be some IR filtering for you to have to use that ISO and exposure time, BUT they look great.

Nicely done! The rabbit hole for IR is deep, welcome!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back