frost
CC Welcome
  1. No
I ordered two of these on June 1st.

Clipboard013.jpg

I need extra for the little finger.
I'm finally seeing some movement on the tracking -

Clipboard012.jpg

Only took 6 days to get from China to the US, now 7 days to go from Indiana to North Dakota. :(
I'll post some thoughts when (if) they show up next week.

Showed up today on the 16th. USPS was 4 days early. Who would have thought?

4C7A0397r.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM
  • 39.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 320

Two boxes, all the way from China, in a plastic bag.

4C7A0398r.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 57.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 1000

Looks to be well made. No rough edges in the metalwork, no smears on the finish. Mounted one...

4C7A0400r.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 150.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 6400

... and found the fit to be a little loose. Have to get it just right to get the battery door to open. And there's a slight bit of daylight between the body and plate on that end.

4C7A0403r.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 150.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 6400

Someone asked if the L bracket would get in the way of the lens release. With a big lens and fat fingers, yes.
I was going to take the L bracket off, wanting just the base plate. There's 3 torx head screws, 2 different sizes, one so small it may be hard finding a driver bit to remove it. I would drill it out except...

4C7A0406rc.jpg
  • Canon EOS R7
  • 150.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 6400

... I just didn't like the way it fit my hand. Notice the red circle? The base drops from 13mm. to 6mm. at that point, leaving room for only about a third of my little finger. Finger tends to slip off. Would have been a lot nicer if they ran that 13mm. an extra inch. Had I paid closer attention I should have noticed that before I ordered.
So, back in the box they went. Not the first time I bought something that didn't work.
I didn't test the L section but it looks to be a pretty good bracket for someone not size afflicted.

So the Wepoto one would be better then? I am quite happy with it so far. The only complaint is that it adds a bit of weight to the camera.

wepoto appears better to handle. How solid does that gate appear? There's no latch on that?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back