TonyB

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tony
SpaceX launched the Falcon 9 from Kennedy Space Center’s SLC-40 launch pad on December 18, 2021 at 23:58, Eastern Standard Time. I made a few mistakes on this one, but that’s called learning. There’s another launch on Tuesday at 5am and I plan on being there to apply what I’ve learned.

AB676C81-7948-41F7-9E37-BCFC0753F3A6.jpeg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 37.0 mm
  • ƒ/18
  • 457 sec
  • ISO 100

That's pretty neat! What will you change for next time if you don't mind my asking, that looks pretty good to me.

That's pretty neat! What will you change for next time if you don't mind my asking, that looks pretty good to me.
First, I’ll use the 14-35mm instead of the 24-105 and not underestimate how high the rocket will go. I wanted to get the entire streak. Second thing is being careful not to unknowingly engage the lock on the cable release. I intended a 180 second exposure and instead got a 457 second exposure due to a slip of the thumb.

The weather for tomorrow morning is looking iffy but whenever the next launch happens, I‘m planning to be out there. If if the photos don’t turn out, they are so incredible to watch.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back