Birds First time out with the new R6MII

Looks like you've learned plenty about it! Those are beautiful, spot on shots! I love my R6, but the MII looks even better.

Looks like you've learned plenty about it! Those are beautiful, spot on shots! I love my R6, but the MII looks even better.
Thanks. Still fumbling a little with the buttons. I set up the two back buttons as many have suggested (AF-On with spot focus and the star button for eye detect), but I am still having a little trouble finding the star button without looking--need more practice.

Thanks. Still fumbling a little with the buttons. I set up the two back buttons as many have suggested (AF-On with spot focus and the star button for eye detect), but I am still having a little trouble finding the star button without looking--need more practice.
You know what the remedy for the fumbling is? More shooting!! Enjoy, looking forward to seeing more.

Outstanding images. Looks like you have it figured out pretty well!

Try setting the shutter button to spot focus and the Af-on to eye detect. Once you have acquired the target with the spot focus hit the back button and it takes over....or just try the back button and then take the shots with the shutter button.

All wonderful shots.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back