Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Gerald Herd
City/State
Panama City/Fl
Perhaps what John James Audubon's Birds of America Plate #50 for the GBH would have looked like if Pablo Picasso has been filling in for John James one day.

I'm undecided on B&W vs Color. I think the B&W adds to the abstract feel and maybe emphasizes the curves and twists more.

Eos R6, EF 100-400L ii @400mm.

Attachments

• FP4A5050-BW_edited-1.jpg
    FP4A5050-BW_edited-1.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 199
  • GBH_5050A.jpg
    GBH_5050A.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
It is an interesting capture. I think the black and white aspect of it makes the picture a little more interesting. Fantastic sharpness though.

It's surreal. The pose looks impossible. Well done for capturing that moment

I too like the B&W, but they are both good. That pose is crazy!!

Wow, amazing pose by the Blue Heron. I love the picture! I always love color the best but in this case I like the black and white the best. It really does emphasize the curves. Wonderful capture!

Personally I prefer the mono. I think it packs more punch, and the slightly wider crop adds to the context. Fabulous image.

Perhaps what John James Audubon's Birds of America Plate #50 for the GBH would have looked like if Pablo Picasso has been filling in for John James one day.

I'm undecided on B&W vs Color. I think the B&W adds to the abstract feel and maybe emphasizes the curves and twists more.

Eos R6, EF 100-400L ii @400mm.
I wonder if it mixed up "heron" with "hora"? They are nice in different ways to me. The crop for the color version is unfairly tight but it shows more of the bird's qualities. The opposite goes for the monochrome. I wonder how the color version may look cropped the same way as the B&W? BTW, I have a small copy of that plate and had it framed for a while, hanging on the wall. Very nice one indeed..

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back