Hello...from Virginia; new member.

kash80

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Vinay Kashyap
Thanks for adding me to the forum/group. I had been a Canon shooter before, owned the Rebel-XT, 50D, 5D Mk2 before having a brain fade and jumping ship to the the Fuji X-System world. Unfortunately (for me & fortunately for Canon), never got comfortable with the Fuji system and my interest in photography started to wane. Decided to come back by pre-ordering the R6 Mk2. Hopefully will be able to contribute here and get some feedback as well. Some of my images are on flickr: https://flic.kr/ps/99TqN

Thanks for adding me to the forum/group. I had been a Canon shooter before, owned the Rebel-XT, 50D, 5D Mk2 before having a brain fade and jumping ship to the the Fuji X-System world. Unfortunately (for me & fortunately for Canon), never got comfortable with the Fuji system and my interest in photography started to wane. Decided to come back by pre-ordering the R6 Mk2. Hopefully will be able to contribute here and get some feedback as well. Some of my images are on flickr: https://flic.kr/ps/99TqN
Welcome to you. It seems you and me had the same issue with Fuji.
I also jumped ship and have recently come back to Canon and bought an R7
Good luck.

Welcome to you. It seems you and me had the same issue with Fuji.
I also jumped ship and have recently come back to Canon and bought an R7
Good luck.
Thanks for the welcome words. Jumping systems was an expensive lesson, now gonna stick with Canon (hopefully). When I sold my 5d, Canon didn't have a good mirror-less body. I foolishly sold all my 'L' glass when I moved to Fuji. How do you like the R7?

Welcome again Vinay. Love your aviation shots! I've not really shot any aviation for a while now apart from some F35's that flew low over our house earlier this year. I hope to get to an airshow next year though as my eldest will be 3 and hopefully old enough to enjoy it without peeing his pants :) Let me know if you have any questions about the forum.

Thanks for the welcome words. Jumping systems was an expensive lesson, now gonna stick with Canon (hopefully). When I sold my 5d, Canon didn't have a good mirror-less body. I foolishly sold all my 'L' glass when I moved to Fuji. How do you like the R7?
Hi. Vinay.
So far so good. I am absolutely loving the simplicity of the menu and touch screen controls.
The terminology will take time to get back into but I will get there.
So far I have only been experimenting with my RF 18-150 and EF 70-200 f4 but the A/F is nothing short of astonishing.
I also have a RF 50 f1.8 on order too.
Must say though, I will always have a soft spot for Fuji design. I am relatively old school and love the analogue feel in the hand and the ease of using knobs and buttons.
When I feel I have achieved some really good shots I will post some of them.
Great to hear from other like minded snappers.
PS I will get out and shoot some aviation myself for a change and let you know how I get on.

Welcome again Vinay. Love your aviation shots! I've not really shot any aviation for a while now apart from some F35's that flew low over our house earlier this year. I hope to get to an airshow next year though as my eldest will be 3 and hopefully old enough to enjoy it without peeing his pants :) Let me know if you have any questions about the forum.
Hope you get to see an airshow soon, make sure to get good ear protection for your kid. The mach loop on your side of the pond is in my bucket list :)

Hope you get to see an airshow soon, make sure to get good ear protection for your kid. The mach loop on your side of the pond is in my bucket list :)
I've not been to the Mach Loop for a while now, I think the UK fast jets are banned from flying through there at present, the US jets are still flying though. There seems to be a lot more activity up in the Lake District these days, shame that's a bit of a trek for me!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back