Followers
Following
Name
Bob Ulius
City/State
Northborough, MA
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
OK, I have a shoot tomorrow. Have not looked at my portable flash bag for two years!!! Charging batteries, testing wirelss. BUT, I found these in the bag and cannot remeber what they do, why I bought them or from who! I know they seemed cool when I did :) Obviously to me, they are used in protable situations as in that dedicated bag.

Best guess is for hanging ballast on lightweight light stands. But why the semicircular connector to go on what?

Ideas?

Attachments

• carabiner.jpg
    carabiner.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 39
OK, I have a shoot tomorrow. Have not looked at my portable flash bag for two years!!! Charging batteries, testing wirelss. BUT, I found these in the bag and cannot remeber what they do, why I bought them or from who! I know they seemed cool when I did :) Obviously to me, they are used in protable situations as in that dedicated bag.

Best guess is for hanging ballast on lightweight light stands. But why the semicircular connector to go on what?

Ideas?

Bob, further investigations revealed this. It is a bottle holder that clips to your belt.
Carabiner.jpg

AHHHHH. Brilliant. Exactly what its for!!! Using 16 oz water or soda bottles filled with water to stabilize light stanbds without carrying sandbags to a shoot!!!!

I'll never remember where I got 'em :) But thought it a very cool addition to my small stand and light bag.

Thanks!

AHHHHH. Brilliant. Exactly what its for!!! Using 16 oz water or soda bottles filled with water to stabilize light stanbds without carrying sandbags to a shoot!!!!

I'll never remember where I got 'em :) But thought it a very cool addition to my small stand and light bag.

Thanks!
Bob, this where I got the image from. It may jog your memory a bit more.

Carabiner.jpg

Thanks. I know that when I go them I ordered the carabiners separately from Amazon. And mine a little different. No worries. At least I know why they were in my lighting case..

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back