Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Live 160 kms from big smoke support local camera shop.

Big deal if I can save $40 or $50 .

Bought R6 gave me a 4 hour tutorial wandering around the city with it. Don’t get that online.

Im looking for lightning trigger the store in question didn’t have said go online or we can get it in for you.

Family owned bussiness been there since 60s.

Open 6 days a week. If my camera ever needs repairing will loan me a second hand one if needed.

Im a relic of the past support local butcher rather than super art, local veg store, local pub rather than discount chains.

Live 160 kms from big smoke support local camera shop.

Big deal if I can save $40 or $50 .

Bought R6 gave me a 4 hour tutorial wandering around the city with it. Don’t get that online.

Im looking for lightning trigger the store in question didn’t have said go online or we can get it in for you.

Family owned bussiness been there since 60s.

Open 6 days a week. If my camera ever needs repairing will loan me a second hand one if needed.

Im a relic of the past support local butcher rather than super art, local veg store, local pub rather than discount chains.
You are lucky if they can offer a deal like that. Sadly in the UK prices between the grey import market and the official Canon stores can be so large that you go grey. Interestingly though it isn't the case on all the products that the grey importers sell , the R7 is currently the same price although there is no availability in UK stores yet the grey market can deliver immediately. So much for Canon supporting local markets!

When I went in first time asked me what I wanted to shoot I said lightning/severe weather,birds in flight general farm scenes crop livestock photos .

went through variuos options Nikon Olympus canon mostly.

Then final question what’s your budget and we did process again.

Reckon I spent 2 plus hours initially.

Like I said I’m old school has been yearn for simple less complicated world.

I love camera stores. Worked in two when I was in grad school to help pay my way (and fuel my fire) that was back in the 80s forever ago. I still have a soft place in my heart for them, and I know how hard their salespeople have to work. I try to buy through the stores when I can, but I will buy online to save money and get the product faster.

Your store sounds exceptional. I know the only store in my state (seriously!) would or could never give service like that. You are lucky to have them.

I chose to buy my camera from a local store too. They don’t carry a lot of stock but will order in whatever I need and give it to me every time with a discount. I am glad to have them. They are a good support if I have problems and they do commercial and individual printing as well. I want to help the local business stay in business. That said I also go on line to order the smaller stuff like cards, batteries, etc.
The loaner camera is amazing service that they offer you.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back