Marty3280

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Martin Scott
Hi All. Just was accepted into the group and wanted to introduce myself. I am an amateur shooting mostly sports and scenery when on vacations. I will be getting a R6 Mark II as soon as next week. Anxious to pull the trigger! A question... I saw an article in the Mark II Resources section where about 15 and about 5 fps were obtained with a 300 F2.8 v. I using electronic and mechanical shutters, respectively, versus about 40 and 15 with the second version. Does anyone else have similar fps experiences with version 1 lenses? Thanks and looking forward to learning and interacting with the group.

Hi Timothy. Thanks for responding. I found that information right after I posted to the Welcome Posts - of course. Took the plunge and bought a refurbished R6 II body from Canon and a used 300 F2.8 II from KEH. Got the EF to ER adapter, a few memory cards and an extra battery. Should get them next week. Then comes the big learning curve.

Take care.

Hey Martin, more like diving right in than 'taking the plunge' will take a while to get used to mirrorless but once you do you wont look back!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back