ISO should I be changing habits

My answer - try it! what have you got to lose? pad and pencil (or notes in phone ;-) ) make a note of when /what you changed - think you will be pleasantly surprised at how well it will do.
Definitely, just trying new techniques and experimenting is always worthwhile. I feel it's called an artistic "practice" for a reason!

I think you are limiting some things at nir moving past 100 and yes it can be fixed. ISO 40,000

View attachment 20765
Slightly off-topic...

One of my hobby (with few buddies) is to identify locations from pictures. Especially one person is amazing on those, she can find the craziest clues on pictures to pinpoint the location. So quite often when I see picture of something, I try to find the spot and if I can't I toss it to the buddies and often one of them finds it.

This time I have to say me/we failed. What makes it more strange, this has so many clues. I tried to read most of the texts too to help searching. The red is something like beautiful thick patience, also the first two characters are name of a city in south Taiwan (Meinong (there's only few shrines in that city, wasn't any of them)). The front pillars say giving light on top and I think it's red plum on the bottom. The pillars on the back are some other light, didn't inspect what light as probably wouldn't help. In general quite typical setting for shinto shrine or similar. I think the tree in middle is Momiji which is common in Japan, also just purely from the architecture I was guessing Kyoto-Nara -regions although Taiwan often throws wrench as lot of their buildings were done during the Japanese occupation so they resemble Japanese style really closely. There's no natural light so can't guess the road orientation (which help surprisingly often on tough pictures. The trees are bit more leafy towards back-left on the picture so that could be south, then making the road SE-to-NW direction, house being on the SW-side of the road). The crest on doors is too small, can't make the details. Although there's some signs on the red post that might be the crests, one looks like mitsudomoe, the other looks like pentagon but can't find crest like that. The smaller text on the lantern is bit too small to read, might be Obu/Yotomi name.

Scrolled through lot of temples trying to find this place but no luck. The texts also didn't give anything, with or without any added guessed clues like shrine / 神社 and such.

So please tell me where you took this picture so I can sleep :D

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back