Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Roxanne Baggott
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I love my RF24-105 f/4 with my R8 but sometimes when I'm in a dark or low lit place just taking random photos, I really need a little bit of flash. Would anyone have a suggestion for a speedlite that doesn't weigh a ton, since my 24-105 is already pretty heavy for my old wrists.

Canon EL-100 is as light as they come for things that can swivel and bounce.

It’s a manual wide / normal adjustment for 24mm and 50mm zoom on the light. Wider flash vs more focused beam.

It allows for full manual control in the cameras menu though. Including second curtain and high speed sync. Flash exposure compensation. Etc.

Good little unit. We use it on the M6II as it doesn’t feel unbalanced at all. Only takes two AA batteries.

Canon EL-100 is as light as they come for things that can swivel and bounce.

It’s a manual wide / normal adjustment for 24mm and 50mm zoom on the light. Wider flash vs more focused beam.

It allows for full manual control in the cameras menu though. Including second curtain and high speed sync. Flash exposure compensation. Etc.

Good little unit. We use it on the M6II as it doesn’t feel unbalanced at all. Only takes two AA batteries.
That is very helpful. I saw the EL-10 which is more expensive and wondered what the difference was between that and the EL – 100. It sounds like with this 100. I won’t really be missing anything. And it is actually on sale at our local camera shop.

I’m going to use it on my R6II to optically trigger my 430 ex-rt iii as an off camera flash. Works as an optical master. 👍

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back