Macro lens recommendations requested for R series

I considered the OP's choice and like others, went with the RF 100 f2.8 L. I'm fairly new to macro so have had some difficulties, especially with AF all of which I think are due to my poor abilities in that genre but are also less than if I went with EF AF or MF in any lens. My attempts at MF on even slow moving animals such as lingering butterflies are all failures.

This is partly due to me entering the game now when temps are, even overnight here, over 20C meaning there are no times when insects are lethargic. If I was only snapping static objects, such as flowers in a greenhouse with the camera on a tripod, I'd likely go MF.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back