Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Remembering back to “beginners” cameras back in 1980s compared to now say RP lots of difference.
Or another way a R or RP would have been semi professional camera back then.
Think my brother might have my Pentax from early 90s as well probably gathering dust and stuffed.
And remember the excitement when you got your photos back usually 10ish wait I live in country.
Now tis instant.
Ah progress

Remembering back to “beginners” cameras back in 1980s compared to now say RP lots of difference.
Think my brother might have my Pentax from early 90s as well probably gathering dust and stuffed.
And remember the excitement when you got your photos back usually 10ish wait I live in country.
Now tis instant.
Ah progress
I still have most of my point and shoot cameras from the '80's except one that I ran over with an excavator, along with my lunch. I did manage to save the SD card though.

What about your lunch?

What about your lunch?
Peter, I ran over my lunch as well. I had my back pack on the tracks and spun around and tracked backwards and didn't realize I'd run over it until I had backed right away from it. I wouldn't have minded but the camera was a 20mp Nikon point and shoot that I bought at Philadelphia Airport

Now tis instant.
Ah progress
I was in a "pro" camera store quite a while ago, and they had a Nikon that had 2.7MP. There were some decent size prints on display from the cam, and the salesman told me that the tech had pretty much "topped out." And that nobody needed more than 2.7MP.

Happy to say he was a little off.

Technically not much differences between my EOS R and Pentax P3n (P30N), although batteries are harder to find, they don't draw as much power as the EOS R.

Topped out for hobbyists I agree I’m never gonna need more than R5 if I owned one and doubt I will 6 and rp does me just fine. Glass on the other hand has it topped out no idea

Topped out for hobbyists I agree I’m never gonna need more than R5 if I owned one and doubt I will 6 and rp does me just fine. Glass on the other hand has it topped out no idea
Same here, my R5 is my end of life camera along with all the lenses I have.

Same here, my R5 is my end of life camera along with all the lenses I have.
I feel the same way. I haven't pushed the boundaries of the R5 yet, so all good here. Can't imagine what the "II" might have that could possibly tempt me.

I also agree, and wonder what else camera manufacturers can add to their product that will make a difference for the non-professional. For me, my R5 offers more features than I think I will every use so "upgrading" makes little sense.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back