Kathryn Milner

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Kathryn Milner
Is it possible to move photos posted in the Wildlife forum to the Birds sub forum after they have been posted?

Is it possible to move photos posted in the Wildlife forum to the Birds sub forum after they have been posted?
You should be able to Kathryn. If you click the drop down icon with the 3 dots above your post, then there should be a move option in this menu and you can select the birds sub-forum. I say "should" because these menus always look different to me as an admin.

You should be able to Kathryn. If you click the drop down icon with the 3 dots above your post, then there should be a move option in this menu and you can select the birds sub-forum. I say "should" because these menus always look different to me as an admin.
There was no "move" option when I checked following your instructions so it must be an Admin function. No worries. I was just going to move the birds I had posted in the main Wildlife forum to the Birds sub forum. Thanks for your help.

I noticed there is a square to the right of the picture in InstaView. It let me select the images I wanted to move and then choose the destination. I can’t see that the move has happened yet but this may work.

I noticed there is a square to the right of the picture in InstaView. It let me select the images I wanted to move and then choose the destination. I can’t see that the move has happened yet but this may work.
InstaView is still a work in progress so this might be a little buggy. But if it works correctly it will move media items, it won't move forum posts. Do you have a link to the forum posts that you wanted to move and I can double check these?

I felt that I should change the birds out of the Wildlife forum to the Bird forum but maybe I will just leave them where they are. I find it is interesting to see a mixture of wildlife. Thanks.

I felt that I should change the birds out of the Wildlife forum to the Bird forum but maybe I will just leave them where they are. I find it is interesting to see a mixture of wildlife. Thanks.
Birds can be posted in either forum so it's not really an issue to leave them where they are :) I created the birds sub-forum just because I know how popular bird photography is.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back