Moving to mirrorless

Ian Fletcher

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Ian Fletcher
Hi Im awaiting the arrival of an R6 and a 24-105 L lens ordered last week. Been an EOS user since their first film camera now upgrading from an 80D. Used Canons free Hire a camera service to give me time more to explore than just looking at a dealership. Most impressed with their customer service who answered queries very fast and due to a hiccup with delivery extended my 48 hr hire to 5 days without extra charge. Any advice on best screen protector to buy or are they all the same?

Welcome Ian and thanks for joining up here and saying hello. Sounds like a good way of trying before buying, will have to take a look myself. I don't actually have a screen protector on mine yet, keep meaning to get one though. I normally flip the screen when I'm not using it for a little additional protection. If you have any questions about the site please don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Im awaiting the arrival of an R6 and a 24-105 L lens ordered last week. Been an EOS user since their first film camera now upgrading from an 80D. Used Canons free Hire a camera service to give me time more to explore than just looking at a dealership. Most impressed with their customer service who answered queries very fast and due to a hiccup with delivery extended my 48 hr hire to 5 days without extra charge. Any advice on best screen protector to buy or are they all the same?
This is the screen protector I got on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JGGYNB4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
It fit my R6 perfectly.

Hi Ian,
I use the UltraTough Clear Custom Cuts screen protector from BodyGuardz: https://www.bodyguardz.com/custom-cuts-cases-screen-protectors-covers-shields-skins-films.html
Just include the measurements for the top and back LCD screens. Viewfinder visibility is great and I have not seen any impact on touchscreen sensitivity when using the BodyGuardz product. While I have never dropped my cameras, before I purchased the R5 my Canon DSLR's did not have a flip screen. The back LCD screen would be subject to rubbing against my camera bags. I have always had a good experience from BodyGuardz. I also buy their mobile phone screen protectors.

Hi all, I'm looking for recommendations for a rear screen protector for my Canon RP, I have tried a Vulcan one and it didn't fit right so sent it back for a refund no problem. Could anyone here with an RP-recommended one that fits nice pls ?

Hi all, I'm looking for recommendations for a rear screen protector for my Canon RP, I have tried a Vulcan one and it didn't fit right so sent it back for a refund no problem. Could anyone here with an RP-recommended one that fits nice pls ?
The link Joe posted does custom cuts.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back