Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
After yesterday's leak Canon has now officially announced the development of the Canon EOS R3

Here are some of the features:

Stacked Sensor

Canon’s first full-frame, back-illuminated stacked CMOS image sensor in the EOS R3 will deliver substantially faster read-out speeds, and produce much lower "rolling shutter" distortion than previous EOS models.

Electronic Shutter

Electronic Shutter operation will take full advantage of the EOS R3’s sensor design. With its superb read-out speeds, continuous shooting up to 30 fps, with full AF, in all auto exposure shooting modes, will be available with the EOS R3.

Autofocus

The EOS R5 and R6 were only the beginning. Using Deep Learning technology, the upcoming EOS R3 will offer enhanced AF performance and tracking capabilities, with even better face-, eye-, head- and body-detection. And, the EOS R3 will add a new type of subject recognition, for its AF system.

Eye Control AF

For the first time in an EOS R series camera, you will now be able to set the focus point in the viewfinder, by simply looking at it — for incredibly fast changes in where the camera focuses, or to set the initial point from which the EOS R3’s AF system will track moving subjects. This works during still-image shooting only, through the electronic viewfinder. Eye Control AF may not be possible, depending upon individual characteristics or shooting conditions, and may not be possible for users wearing bifocal eyeglasses, certain types of sunglasses or mirror sunglasses, or certain hard contact lenses.

Rugged Body

Canon’s upcoming EOS R3 will carry forward the integrated vertical grip similar to the 1D series cameras, emphasizing both horizontal and vertical handling for challenging shooting situations. Weather-resistance and durability will equal Canon’s professional EOS-1D X Mark III camera.

Full details can be found on Canon's Showcase Page.

If you are interested in this camera then we have setup a new Facebook Group specifically for the R3. You'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/canonr3/

A new forum for the R3 will also be setup here soon.

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back