Followers
Following
Name
Dean Wilson
City/State
Canby, Oregon
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
"The community of Rome in Malheur County received its name from the imposing nearby formations of fossil-bearing clay that look like Roman ruins. The 100-foot high formations, which are also known as the “Pillars of Rome,” measure about five miles long and two miles wide."
~from Travel Oregon

I was hoping to capture some golden hour shots but at the time (September 2022) the smoke from wildfires in Oregon and California were playing havoc with lighting (as well as air quality.

This was my third trip to the Steens Mountain Wilderness Area and Alvord Desert last year and at the time of this photo the temperature had cooled down to 40° C (104F).

This is a four shot panorama stitched.
10,000-4P9A2781-Pano-Edit copy.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 100

This photo was taken from the summit of the Steens Mountain a couple days later....a tad bit smokey!

4P9A3242-Edit-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back