Paul Iddon

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Paul Iddon
Not sure of the most appropriate board, but seeing I was on a walk around our local marina, I thought perhaps here...

I have the old version of the 55-250m IS lens - which is not the best quality, being one of the early lenses released by Canon (circa 2007).

So by this I would rate this lens a little underwhelming for the new R series (and other mirrored cameras!)

Anyway, seeing as it's the only zoom lens aside from the R10's 18-45mm kit lens that I have, today I took it for a spin around Preston Marina. These are from around the 1.7 mile walk around the dock.

Originally opened by HRH Prince Albert in 1892, the Albert Edward Dock was once a busy ferry port (part of the port that closed in 1981). The overhead crane was constructed in 1958 to lift the 100 ton lock gates, but is used rarely now for the occasional boat lift (never seen or known it lift anything while I have lived here!)

Processing on all these is through LR to a TIFF before finally being reduced and sharpened using a Greg Benz plug-in...

marina_a_benz_1800-XL.jpg

dragons_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

dinghy_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

marina_b_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

Pulleys_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

princes_reach_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

Old_man_a_4k_benz_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back