Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Lawrence Lee Huber
I am new to this forum.
My wife recently bought me a R7 and I got a couple of FD adapters to bring back to life my old R, FL and FD lenses.
I have really found them to be fun to use as well as people trying to figure out what I am using.
Has anyone else tried very old Canon lenses on their R cameras?
Ps, I got 2 adapters because I had to cut off the aperture actuator lever on one because some R and FL lenses bumped it and wouldn't mount.

I had a FD adapter for my EOS R but sold it. I didn't have any existing FD lenses but was interested in them. I bought a few and played around with them but decided that none of them offered any advantage over EF lenses in any aspect for photography. In my opinion, it is better to buy more modern EF lenses. But, that is just my opinion and we all know what that is worth.....less than 2 cents when adjusted for inflation.

Having said the above, I do understand why videographers like them because of the "look" they get in their videos.

To each his own....

I had a FD adapter for my EOS R but sold it. I didn't have any existing FD lenses but was interested in them. I bought a few and played around with them but decided that none of them offered any advantage over EF lenses in any aspect for photography. In my opinion, it is better to buy more modern EF lenses. But, that is just my opinion and we all know what that is worth.....less than 2 cents when adjusted for inflation.

Having said the above, I do understand why videographers like them because of the "look" they get in their videos.

To each his own....
There is no technical advantage of old FL etc. lenses over EF lenses.
It is the experience of using them. I kept all my old FL and FD lenses and just have lots of fun as I don't pixel peep but work on the other aspects of photography.

There is no technical advantage of old FL etc. lenses over EF lenses.
It is the experience of using them. I kept all my old FL and FD lenses and just have lots of fun as I don't pixel peep but work on the other aspects of photography.
I agree, some of the old lenses are a joy to handle and to focus. The feel of focusing was really important back in the day, so there definitely is the experience aspect of enjoyment in some of the old lenses.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back