Martin-123

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Martin McCann
Hello. Martin here. New to this forum and will be new to the R5 when I pull the trigger on the purchase.
My first serious camera was a Canon A1. I loved that camera and learned so much about photography both from reading the manual that came with it and from using it of course. I later travelled the World with one of the first mid-range EOS cameras, a 28-70 and a 70-210. Again I loved it. It had the Depth of Field Priority function which was fantastic but no-one seems do do that anymore.
I've since had an Olympus Pen, which was stolen from me in India, and an entry level Canon DSLR, so the purchase of an R5 will be the first 'serious' camera I've had since the A1 and, since the technology has developed beyond recognition since those days, I'll have many questions I think...

Congrats on your retirement. The R5 is an incredible camera and taking the time to learn it is a lot of fun. Enjoy the ride.

Congrats on your retirement. The R5 is an incredible camera and taking the time to learn it is a lot of fun. Enjoy the ride.
Thanks Tony. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Welcome again Martin and congratulations on your retirement too! :) The R5 is definitely a lovely present!

Welcome again Martin and congratulations on your retirement too! :) The R5 is definitely a lovely present!
Thank you Tim. Yes, I’m quite excited about it. I’ll never use all its features but it’s good to know that my camera will never hold me back. The camera will always be ahead of my learning.
I’m also looking forward to the discussions on this forum. Much of the learning ahead of me will probably take place here so thank you for that as well.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back