Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
It appears that Canon has quickly addressed the R6 firmware issues in 1.3.0 by releasing 1.3.1 today:

Firmware Version 1.3.1 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. Adds [IPB (Light)] to 4K to enable lower bit rate shooting.
2. Adds [Electronic full-time MF] to the AF tab of the menu. When a lens is attached, manual focus adjustment is always possible with both One-shot AF and Servo AF.
3. The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
4. Fixes a phenomenon, in which in rare instances, the camera cannot function normally when the drive mode is set to "High-speed continuous shooting" to shoot still images continuously.
5. Fixes a phenomenon that may corrupt the image displayed in the viewfinder.
6. Fixes a phenomenon in which the power may become suspended when the camera is powered via USB for an extended period of time.
7. Fixes a phenomenon, in which the camera stops to operate normally when the movie cropping setting is set to [Enable] for performing movie shooting in Firmware Version 1.3.0.

You can download 1.3.1 from your local Canon support sites:

Europe

US

At time of posting it's only available on the European site and also the UK site, it's not yet on the US site but I expect it will appear there soon.

Canon R5.
Did my firmware upgrade a few days ago via the SD card. Instructions were good, no problems and reasonably quick to do

Thank you for supplying the link. I had the file (still waiting to make sure nobody has problems with it) but it's always a chore hunting down the download page on Canon's website. I FINALLY got smart and bookmarked it.

Thank u for this totally forgot that this was our will get updating

I'd never dared update firmware on previous cameras but with the support of this group I bit the bullet and went for it on my R6. It worked a treat so thanks everyone for all your guidance in these forums.

I've never bought a camera new, except my AE1 and R5. Cannot update the AE1 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The R5 is under guarantee so if Canon break it with an update they can repair it

It appears that Canon has quickly addressed the R6 firmware issues in 1.3.0 by releasing 1.3.1 today:

Firmware Version 1.3.1 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. Adds [IPB (Light)] to 4K to enable lower bit rate shooting.
2. Adds [Electronic full-time MF] to the AF tab of the menu. When a lens is attached, manual focus adjustment is always possible with both One-shot AF and Servo AF.
3. The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
4. Fixes a phenomenon, in which in rare instances, the camera cannot function normally when the drive mode is set to "High-speed continuous shooting" to shoot still images continuously.
5. Fixes a phenomenon that may corrupt the image displayed in the viewfinder.
6. Fixes a phenomenon in which the power may become suspended when the camera is powered via USB for an extended period of time.
7. Fixes a phenomenon, in which the camera stops to operate normally when the movie cropping setting is set to [Enable] for performing movie shooting in Firmware Version 1.3.0.

You can download 1.3.1 from your local Canon support sites:

Europe

US

At time of posting it's only available on the European site and also the UK site, it's not yet on the US site but I expect it will appear there soon.
As always, an easy download and easy to get in my R6

I've upgraded firmware in several Canon cameras ... and I upgraded the firmware in the R6 the day I got it because I'd seen some notification of it's release on-line ... it's a simple process and keeps your gear up-to-date ...

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back