Canon R6 I R6 Image Sharpness

A6TDH

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Tom Herron
I recently swapped from 6Dii to an R6 but find my images are not as sharp an my old camera . I was using an EF 24-70 L 2.8ii with an RF converter. I have tried numerous settings without success. Is there something simple that I might be missing or could it be the auto focus is not correct?

As always with something like this it would be good to see an example of the "not as sharp" image with full EXIF data. Focus points and modes work differently on mirrorless so it could be something there, but without an image anything I told you to try otherwise would be just me guessing.

Agree with GrahamK above, sounds like could be the focussing point is not where you expected it to be, it does have a tendency to wander around dependent on what you are shooting, easy to take control of though.

On my R6M2 I find sometimes I have to move the focus point where I want it to be. The AF system is sometimes too good for what you’re trying to do! This normally happens with shooting objects. The other night I was doing some product detail practice and the camera kept trying to focus randomly where it could see the best contrast, I suppose. I had to manually use the joystick to get the shots I wanted, and still a bit of focus and recompose in Servo AF fixed the issue. I find very little reason to put the R6M2 into One Shot AF. I’m going to try my next product detail practice with eye detection/object detection set to off.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back