Canon R6 II R6 Mk 2 firmware update v1.1.1 - issue?

Grahamk

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Graham Kersting
Is anyone else having trouble with the v1.1.1 firmware update for the R6 Mk2 using Apple computers? It appears to download ok but then I cannot get the download to run. I had no issues with firmware updates for my R6 Mk1. I've tried downloading from both the European and US sites and have tried both an iMac and MacBook Air. Any suggestions?

Issue resolved. For some reason this firmware update is procedurally different from those for my R6 Mk1. Clicking the download for the Mk1 updates opened the disc image on my desktop, whereas the Mk2 update created a new Location (eos62-v111-mac) in Finder containing the expected firmware update file and instruction pdfs.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back