Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Jake Kurdsjuk
City/State
Washington, NJ
So this has happened twice in the last week with the R7 and once with my R6 - with both cards in the slot the camera has written to the card in slot 1 and not slot 2. With the R7 it was as recently as this morning, and immediately after I reformatted the card in slot 1, so it's not that the card isn't readable. Last night I picked up the R6 which had sat at home while we were away and used it to take some pics of the garden. Card one was seated and had photos on it, but when I went to take the new pics off the card they weren't there. Sure enough they were on card 2.

Has anyone experienced this?! I'm more concerned about the R7 since the card in slot 1 is 3X as fast clearing the buffer and I can't afford to have it not writing to it when I need that buffer to clear.

Focus backwards?
Please explain.
Nikon and Canon zoom and focus dials (and mounts) notoriously move in opposite directions to do the same thing. Turning left on Nikon is the same as turning right on Canon. When you switch everything is "backwards". Since the focus ring is no longer mechanical Canon has allowed you to change a setting so that it is either traditional Canon or traditional Nikon, making it easier for a former Nikon user to use the new equipment.

Ohh. Yes, I actually switched the focusing direction on my camera because the default seemed unnatural. Have never used a Nikon though.

Several other mounts also work that way. My first SLR in 1966 was a Pentax H3v that did. My Canon Digital Rebel took some getting used to but now it seems correct. I started with a Leica which was more solid braced on the face if you used the left eye. This was before I ever heard of tests to tell whether you are left or right eyed (I was left). Later a cataract made my right eye sharper and the surgery did not change that so I am trying to learn to use the right but years of practice with the left make that harder. Old habits are hard to break.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back