Canon R7 R7 Time Lapse

Grizwald

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Anyone seen any mention of a time lapse mode on the R7 ?

If you check the specs it says that there's an interval timer built in. It doesn't provide any further details though. There might be more details out there but I haven't stumbled across them yet.

Here's our first try at timelapse. Missed the framing/exposure a bit.

GA Joe is correct. The manual does a good job explaining it.

One note. It's limited to 3600 frames. That's a bit of a problem sometimes. I understand there may be file limitations. Hey Canon! Maybe an option to automatically start a new file when the first is done? Sounds like a firmware update? :)

So far, LOVE the R7.

Attachments

• Monarch_072022.mp4
    8.3 MB
One note. It's limited to 3600 frames. That's a bit of a problem sometimes.
Not for nothing but there are plenty of good (and free) programs for stitching together a time lapse from individual frames. I like the control this gives you because you can start early and end late, then just toss the unneeded stuff. It's no more work than having to slice together multiple short videos. But it's nice to have the convenience in the field.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back