Canon R7 R7 Unresponsive Buttons

Theo

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Theo
Enjoying my R7 very much. But I have an issue, that at times some of the buttons (i.e. Q button, Info, joystick, etc) and the screen become unresponsive. The only thing that works to get it back to life is to press the menu button. Is it a setting I'm missing or does anyone else have a similar issue?

I have not had this problem although I do notice the R7 seems to have a slight lag in wake up mode.

I have a similar issue with controls not behaving. In particular the touch screen. I have to turn it off most times as its too sensitive and keeps changing my settings when I use the camera at eye level. I think its static from my skin. hair, clothing, whatever! With a big lens attached and shooting wildlife handheld, its a problem.

I have not had this problem although I do notice the R7 seems to have a slight lag in wake up mode.
Do you mean the viewfinder exposure/info display in the black border around the viewfinder image takes a number of seconds to appear? I am experiencing the same thing (5-6 seconds lag) after a month of shooting with it. I hadn't noticed this before this past Wednesday and I've been out with it an average of every other day since getting it 4 1/2 weeks ago. I've contacted Canon support about it and all they're suggesting is disable the power saving modes.

Yep! That is one of the freeze up functions of the R7. Mine also refuses to focus unless its turned back off and restarted. Its an intermittent fault. I've reset the camera, putting all settings back to default. I have even re-installed the firmware a couple of times. It helps if I turn off most of the electronics that I don't find essential, so that the chip has a bit less to monitor, and I really cannot handle the touch screen being on when I am using the camera as it screws itself up whenever I have the camera up to my face. I set what I need then turn it off. Maybe it shouldn't be a video camera either. If it was just stills I would think more of the development money could have gone into better quality materials too. On the occasions when all works properly it really does take good images but there are too many things it isn't and should be in order for it to be a really good upgrade. I have seen a friends Eos 90D take better images and my old 7DmkII works much more reliably. If the build was better and there was less electronic gadgetry to mess up then it would be way above what I think it is at the moment.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back