Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
As you guys know got R6 wifes has r6ii which i basically claim storm chasing and a RP.

Third and final lens turned up 15/35 2.8L for storms and astro etc.

Will go on RP began shooting with her again bit like meeting your first boyfriend girlfriend you parted ways for something better but not forgotten :)

Same as the R, RP is a bad camera.

Reckon it should handle astro just fine when i get some clear nights.

Takes nice lightning pics as well

my bad sorry should read Same as the R, RP is NOT a bad camera.

Just reading a few forums, even dedicated canon forums seems to be alot of trolls anti canon posters who claim to be canon. Lifes to short to bicker.

One i read this morning since the release of the canon the whole canon R line they have been plagued with problems from outset sent mine back next day etc my initial thoughts just fibs. Reckon in my 3 years ive had to take batteries in out and maybe 4 or 5 times on 3 cameras to correct error. And once had to take lens off and reconnect what ever the error codes was. Maybe ive been lucky. Had a canon battery that wouldnt take charge after about a month replaced no questions asked thats all my problems.

My biggest problem is poor photographic skills

Last edited:

Mah brother!

I have two (one pre-order and one later) R5s and a EOS-R (bought at release) and I have never had a problem to speak of with any of them...

I even like the multi-function bar on my EOS-R. People hate it and I never understood why.

My problems are always self-generated..

The R is a pretty bad camera.

_U3A0047-Edit-Edit copy.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 145.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100
_U3A6407-Enhanced-NR.jpg
  • Canon EOS R
  • EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM +2x III
  • 800.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 1600

I picked up my R a year after it was releases and my R5 a year after it was released. I think Canon puts out a more stable product than Microsoft®

I read every day on social media the same questions: "How do I...." or "What's the best settings for...." I firmly believe A Book In The Hand Is Worth A Thousand Social Media Posts.

Rather than reading post on Social Media: Learn the craft. >end of rant<

One thing I liked about my R is it had no IBIS. Very useful for many things but for fast action I think IS would be plenty. I can't verify that but a good amount of people on the forums have discussed how the two make it a little jittery in the first few frames. It was worse at one time but Canon did do a FW update for that. I loved my R from day one. It took a while to warm up to the R5. There were days I was sorry I sold my R.

I eventually sold my R5 to finance an R7 and R6II. For my purposes 30mp is the sweet spot for a FF. I was a little sceptical at first but 24mp is working out well. The R6II was a good move. The R did does have case numbers, the FPS was less than stellar and a few other things. Even then the AF was so much fun my 7D2 never came out of the bag for almost 2 years.

I'm not an engineer but a smaller sensor's IBIS would have to make smaller moves to compensate? I dunno. Just some dumb idea I had. Canon has and will continue to improve everything.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back