Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Joseph Saunders
Greetings,

I was wondering if others who have this lens have had similar experiences with a couple things about this lens I find disadvantageous.

First, when I turn my R5 off after having selected a focus distance of 1.4, it goes back to infinity when powered back on. This occurs if I have it in AF or MF. Coupled with the second issue I have, having to turn the focus ring 7 times to move from infinity to 1.4 it only compounds the problem while shooting invertebrates in the wild while trying to save some battery life.

Are there any settings that can give me control over these issues.

Thanks,

J

Greetings,

I was wondering if others who have this lens have had similar experiences with a couple things about this lens I find disadvantageous.

First, when I turn my R5 off after having selected a focus distance of 1.4, it goes back to infinity when powered back on. This occurs if I have it in AF or MF. Coupled with the second issue I have, having to turn the focus ring 7 times to move from infinity to 1.4 it only compounds the problem while shooting invertebrates in the wild while trying to save some battery life.

Are there any settings that can give me control over these issues.

Thanks,

J
There us a menu item to adjust the effectiveness of the focus ring. Dont ask me where I'm still finding my way around after 5 months of ownership.

The other issue, I need more info on that, I don't understand your problem

I found the solution to the other issue. In the menu settings I set retract lens on power off, to the off setting. When it is on, it will default the lens position (retract) it back to infinity.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back