rssquire

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Rob
I shoot with an EOS R. For wide angle, I have an RF 16mm f2.8 and an EF 24mm f1.4. I’m considering an RF 15-35mm f2.8 and selling the 16mm. Currently there are 54 RF 15-35 lenses on eBay. That many for sale makes me think this isn’t a good idea. Anyone have thoughts?

I'm guessing the weight/size of the 15-35mm f2.8 vs. the 14-35mm f4 has some folks switching. I absolutely love the latter. As for the 16mm, I just spoke with a Pro Rep yesterday and he said it was his favorite lens at the moment. I know none of that helps, but I haven't had coffee yet so I'm not expected to make complete sense.

I'm guessing the weight/size of the 15-35mm f2.8 vs. the 14-35mm f4 has some folks switching. I absolutely love the latter. As for the 16mm, I just spoke with a Pro Rep yesterday and he said it was his favorite lens at the moment. I know none of that helps, but I haven't had coffee yet so I'm not expected to make complete sense.
You cracked me up! I’ve only had the 16mm for a few months and it works great, but it may be that I look for more flexibility in a lens, maybe too much gear head and not enough artist…I don’t know. That’s why I asked!

FWIW, I’ll be following up my question with a review of my new ‘to me’ RF 15-35mm lens. EBay buy, couple of grand, but complete. I’ll let you know.

I upgraded from the EF16-35 f/4.0 to the RF 15-35 f/2.8. WOW what a difference. It's as sharp as a tack. Couldn't be happier.

Thanks...I'm looking forward to having it in my bag. I like the 16mm, but I think having more flexibility in range with the same f stop will be more fun.

I bought a 15-35 but the first copy was not great ... made me think I had a really bad astigmatism ... well, I do, but this wasn't right ! I changed it immediately .. thanks HDEW ... and it was ok ... but not great. If you want to try shots close up wide open I think it's performance it not brilliant. It is a great lens but my least favourite in terms of IQ. I should add than I am not a wide angle fan and it was bought to complete my 'options' though ... but be aware it's close focus ability for sharpness it not as good as other lenses ... but that may not be a concern for you ... ? Anything over min focus or thereabouts ... superb though :)

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back