Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Although we don't offer a dedicated mobile app for this forum we do offer a Progressive Web App (PWA). This has been working for some time with Android already but Apple only recently got around to enabling full PWA support with iOS 16.4

A Progressive Web What?
A PWA basically allows the site to appear and behave like an app such as support for pull-down refreshes, notifications and displaying notifications on the app icon. It also runs in its own window instead of the browser window which makes switching between apps easier.

How to Enable It?
Simply open the forum in Safari (iOS) or Chrome (Android) then select the option (Add to Home Screen). On iOS devices this is viewable when you click the square icon with the up arrow in the centre of the toolbar (does this have a name?). I don't have an Android device but I believe you should be able to find the option to Add to Home Screen or Install App under the 3 dots menu.

Once added to your home screen you might find that you need to log-in again. Once you have done so all that's left is to enable notifications if you wish to receive them.

Enable Push Notifications
You don't need to enable push notifications if you don't wish to receive them. But if you do then you can enable them under your account preferences.

Please let me know if you have any issues getting this to work correctly.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Hi Tim,

Interesting. Set-up was simple using your clear instructions (iOS).

Phil

Last edited:
I think the square with the up arrow icon is referred to as the Share icon. On my iPhone I had to drag the “Copy” option upwards to find “Add to Home Screen”.

Thanks so much for the clear instructions, @Timothy Mayo!

Now RF Shooters can easily live in my pocket so I can try to be more involved. 😁

For Chrome on Android, it is under the 3 stacked dots (ellipsis) in the upper right, and it is called Install app. For me I had to then also add the favorite \ shortcut to the home screen from the app list, or just access from app list if you do not like to have cluttered home screen(s).

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back