View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Deepgreen

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Ian Docwra
I set my camera up for an astrophotography shoot (used with star tracker) recenty, under clear skies and a dry forecast. However a brief but heavy isolated shower hit in the early hours and my 15-35mm lens acquired a pool of water between the outer and second glass elements. I have tried burying it in uncooked rice as a moisture 'wick' and leaving it in the sun for hours (not excessive heat). The bulk of the pool had gone but a cluster of droplets remained on the central area. A couple of questions - how does moisture enter so readily but is so hard to remove, and can anyone suggest a good method I haven't tried? Currently I have it in a fan oven (!) set to only 40C to try to drive the moisture out with the resultant warmth and low humidity in the oven, and I am monitoring frequently to check for excessive heat. The lens is very warm to the touch but no more so than if it is left in the sun for a while.

It's not close but may be worth a try. Nevertheless, I appreciate the information - many thanks.
They have replied by saying they will just send the lens to Canon. Another reputable repairer I have tried says that the various glasses and the diaphram are supplied as one unit, which, if that is the case, why has Canon listed the various elements individually (with separate prices for each one) in their quote to me, rather than as one indivisible unit?

Last edited:

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back