PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Having returned from a (surprisingly un-soggy) trip to Norfolk this past weekend - images from which may well show up at a web site near here eventually! - we were reminded of our last break to the area, during which we visited Sandringham.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PhotoLab Elite/ Viewpoint and Adobe Lightroom/ Photoshop).

You can read more about Sandringham House by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Sandringham House, much loved country retreat of the British Royal Family since 1862.
RF-S-San1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

2. The Sandringham Fire Brigade was an actual real thing (Inset - note 'The Junior Division').
RF-S-San-1-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 53.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 4000

3. This is where The Queen did jigsaw puzzles and played cards with her family at Christmas.
RF-S-San3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 43.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

4. When at Sandringham, the Royal Family attend services at Mary Magdalene Church.
RF-S-San4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 125

5. It is a medieval parish church which dates back to the 16th-century.
RF-S-San5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF16mm F2.8 STM
  • 16.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 2500

Last edited:
Beautiful set, and nicely composed.

Beautifully captured Phil. Will have to put this on my long list of places to visit :)

Beautifully captured Phil. Will have to put this on my long list of places to visit :)
Hi Tim,

Cheers - appreciated!

Sadly, but understandably, photography isn't allowed inside the house itself but a visit to the house (and the free audio guide provided for the self-guided tour), gardens and church are all fully recommended.

Also of note are the staff in the house who are gold mines of information - I asked about the two union flags in the ball room, one had been give to Shackleton, the other to Scott - later returned under different circumstances... 😮

(Finally, note that if you're a Historic Houses Member, entry is free).

Phil

Wonderfully captured and developed, Phil. It really makes me want to visit your neck of the woods. There is something so stately and grand in this set that's a bit humbling to me.

Wonderfully captured and developed, Phil. It really makes me want to visit your neck of the woods. There is something so stately and grand in this set that's a bit humbling to me.
Hi Hali,

I have to say, we found the visit extremely interesting, but also very touching - the emotional side was quite unexpected.

Phil

All are great pictures Phil. Well composed and well processed. :)

Hi Feri,

Cheers - much appreciated!

Phil

Awe-inspiring! The Sandringham House is magnificent. The church was incredible too!

Cheers!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back